Geoff works with businesses to solve their employment & labour problems and commercial disputes. Whether it be detecting compliance gaps, managing complex human resources issues, navigating transactions and reorganizations, or leading litigation, arbitration and regulatory proceedings, Geoff helps businesses find the right track from start to the finish.
Geoff graduated from Dalhousie Schulich School of Law in 2010 and was called to the bar in Ontario in 2011 where he practiced employment & labour law and commercial litigation at a full service Toronto firm until joining Cox & Palmer in 2016. He has appeared before various courts and tribunals throughout Nova Scotia and Ontario, and has successfully completed both the Intensive Trial Advocacy Workshop and Certificate in Mining Law through Osgoode Hall Law School.
- Ontario (2011)
- Nova Scotia (2016)
- Dalhousie University
- Dalhousie University (JD, 2010)
- Concordia University (Grad. Dip., Biotechnology & Genomics, 2007)
- St. Francis Xavier University (BSc Biology, 2006)
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Update: An Overview of Parental and Maternity Leave in Atlantic Canada
- Preparing for Cannabis Legalization: Federal and Atlantic Canadian Regulations
- Are You Ready? Navigating Medical and Recreational Cannabis in the Workplace
- SCC Upholds Inter-Provincial Liquor Trade Restrictions: One Man’s Goodbye to Constitutionally Guaranteed Cheap Quebec Beer and the Broader Implications
- It’s 2018: Here are Three Workplace Policies That Businesses Should Revisit (or Implement)
- Navigating Employment Law Tricky For Startups