Daphne practices in Cox & Palmer’s Charlottetown office. She joined the firm in April 2020 from Macnutt & Dumont, the firm she co-founded. Daphne was called to the bar in 1978.
Her practice is focused in the areas of estate litigation, estates & trusts, family law and real estate law.
Daphne was born in Charlottetown, and educated in Charlottetown, Ottawa, Halifax, Kingston and Oxford, England. In 1977, she returned to the Island to establish her law practice and to continue doing charitable work, on the local, national and international level.
Daphne’s interests include, travel, rowing, painting, PEI history, women’s rights, theatre and international development.
- Decades of experience as a family lawyer
- Fully trained Collaborative Family lawyer
- Greatly enjoys real estate, wills and estate planning
- Queen's University
Queen’s University, Honours BA in History & Philosophy, 1974; Oxford University, 1976; Queen’s University, 1977
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Founding member of the Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund
- President, Prince Edward Island Branch of the Canadian Bar Association
- Elected National President of the Canadian Bar Association
- Founding member of Collaborative Family Law Practise in PEI, 2005
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Member of Charlottetown Rotary Club, Chair of International student exchange committee
- Board member, and past president of Rowing PEI
- Member, and Elder, St. James Church
- Board Member, Charlotte and Stamper Community Residence
Lectures & Presentations
- Instructor for the PEI Bar Admission course
- Lecturer, Law and the Judicial Process, UPEI
- Extensive Law Reform presentations at the national level
- Experienced public speaker
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Canadian Bar Association