Dan is the Managing Partner of Cox & Palmer’s Halifax office. He graduated from Mount Allison University with a B.A. with Honours in 1986 and Osgoode Hall Law School in 1989. He was admitted to the Nova Scotia Bar in 1990. Dan’s practice concentrates mainly on employment, labour and administrative law.
- Acts for a wide range of self-governing organizations, private corporations, and institutions, providing advice with respect to professional regulation, legislative interpretation and drafting, policy development and interpretation, regulatory compliance, governance and civil matters.
- Provides advice with respect to employment contracts, employee terminations, collective agreement interpretation, labour standards, workplace investigations, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, and human rights.
- Extensive civil litigation experience with involvement in hearings before specialized tribunals.
- Nova Scotia (1990)
- Osgoode Hall Law School
- Osgoode Hall Law School (LLB, 1989)
- Mount Allison University (BA, with Honours 1986)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- National Certified Investigator\Inspector Training (Council of Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation)
Activities Within Firm
Managing Partner – Halifax Office (2019 – )
Lectures & Presentations
Dan is a frequent lecturer on employment and labour topics. He has also presented papers for the Canadian Bar Association, Risk Management Counsel, and other organizations.
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association