A service-oriented professional who achieves the best possible outcomes for clients, Cindy’s practice in Summerside is focused on litigation (including insurance and commercial litigation) and family law.
Originally from Summerside, Cindy completed her education at the University of Prince Edward Island and the University of New Brunswick law school. Following graduation, Cindy practiced in Ontario for several years; initially at Torys LLP and later at a fast-paced legal aid clinic.
In her family law practice, Cindy handles matters including cohabitation and marriage contracts, separation agreements, divorce, division of family property, spousal and child support, access to children and child protection matters. Cindy recognizes the importance of a client-centered approach in family law and believes that people need not be consumed by their legal challenges.
Cindy’s civil litigation practice covers a broad range of matters from commercial collection and estates litigation to personal injury and property damage. As a litigator, Cindy is strategic, responsive and efficient.
Cindy offers mediation services in family law matters for a fixed fee. The fee includes preparation of a binding Separation Agreement.
- Ontario (2003)
- Prince Edward Island (2012)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Prince Edward Island (B.A. 1995)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 2002)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Board Member, Family Place 2012-
- Treasurer, Family Place 2013 –
- Board Member, PEI Business Women’s Association 2013 -2015
- Past Member, Kingston Community Roundtable on Poverty Reduction
- Past Member, City of Kingston Affordable Housing Development Committee
- Past Board Member, John Howard Society of Kingston and District
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Canadian Bar Association