Charity is an associate in the Charlottetown office. She graduated from the University of Prince Edward Island (BBA 2008), following which she obtained a LL.B. from the University of New Brunswick (2011). She was called to the Prince Edward Island bar in 2012.
Charity practices in the areas of corporate and commercial, banking, bankruptcy, real estate, and municipal law. Charity has experience representing both lenders and borrowers in complex transactions. She has acted as lead counsel on several significant commercial matters representing companies and individuals with the acquisition and sale of assets/shares. She also has experience with tax-driven corporate re-organizations, as well as various corporate financing matters. With her lender work, she also has experience in all matters of collections and recovery. In addition to debt recovery work, Charity has knowledge in our enforcement system in pursuing all types of assets and enforcing creditor claims.
Charity has significant experience representing and advising clients in relation to purchasing and selling real estate including the drafting of various complex real estate contracts.
- Prince Edward Island (2012)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Prince Edward Island (B.B.A. 2008)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 2011)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- PEI Branch, Canadian Bar Association – Member at Large (2016 – present)
- PEI Branch, Canadian Bar Association – Provincial Council ( 2015 – 2016)
- PEI Branch, Canadian Bar Association – Young Lawyers’ Chair (2013 – 2015)
- PEI Branch, Canadian Bar Association – Law Day Chair (2012 – 2013)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Special Olympics PEI – Board Member (2016 – present)
- Fusion Charlottetown – Vice-Chair (2016 – present)
- Island Nature Trust – Board Member (2013-2015)
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Canadian Bar Association