Charity is an associate in the Charlottetown office. She graduated from the University of Prince Edward Island (B.B.A.), following which she obtained a LL.B. from the University of New Brunswick.
Charity practices in the areas of corporate and commercial law, banking, bankruptcy, real estate, and municipal law. Charity has experience representing both lenders and borrowers in complex transactions. She has acted as lead counsel on several corporate and commercial matters representing companies and private individuals with the acquisition and sale of assets/shares. She also has experience with tax-driven corporate re-organizations, as well as various corporate financing matters.
Charity has significant experience representing and advising clients in relation to purchasing and selling real estate including the drafting of various complex real estate contracts.
Charity has appeared before numerous tribunals and boards, as well as the Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island. Charity is gaining extensive experience in the areas of municipal planning. She has appeared before the Island Regulatory and Appeals Commission as lead counsel in relation to municipal planning and development matters.
Charity enjoys working closely with her clients to develop creative and strategic solutions, helping them achieve their desired outcomes.
- Prince Edward Island (2012)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Prince Edward Island (B.B.A. 2008)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 2011)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- PEI Branch, Canadian Bar Association – Member at Large (2016 – present)
- PEI Branch, Canadian Bar Association – Provincial Council ( 2015 – 2016)
- PEI Branch, Canadian Bar Association – Young Lawyers’ Chair (2013 – 2015)
- PEI Branch, Canadian Bar Association – Law Day Chair (2012 – 2013)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Special Olympics PEI – Board Member (2016 – present)
- Fusion Charlottetown – Vice-Chair (2016 – present)
- Island Nature Trust – Board Member (2013-2015)
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island