Andrew obtained his law degree from Dalhousie Law School and he was called to the Nova Scotia Bar in 2009 after articling with Cox & Palmer. Andrew has a diverse litigation practice including insurance defence and coverage disputes, medical defence and commercial litigation.
- acts as counsel to the Canadian Medical Protective Association and its member physicians.
- appeared before all levels of court in Nova Scotia and the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board.
- appeared before the Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada, successfully appealing Transport Canada’s refusal to issue a seafarer’s marine medical certificate.
- acted as co-counsel to Retired Justice David Gruchy in the Knowledge House Inc. proceeding before the Nova Scotia Securities Commission.
- acts for and against contractors in lien claims and has experience in other areas of real estate litigation, including defective construction and right-of-way disputes.
- assists clients in enforcing Nova Scotian, Canadian and international judgments in Nova Scotia.
- Nova Scotia (2009)
- Dalhousie University
- University of Kings College (B.A. Hons. 2003)
- Dalhousie Law School (LL.B. 2008)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Board Member, Nocturne Art at Night
- Former Board member, Khyber Arts Society
- Committee Member, CBA Law Day
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society