- Wendy Scriven
- Phone:(902) 491-6839
- Fax:(902) 421-3130
Aisha is an associate in our Halifax office, practicing primarily general corporate & commercial, real estate and estate planning. She was called to the Nigeria Bar in 2012 and the Nova Scotia Bar in 2022. Aisha holds an LLB from Igbinedion University, an LLM from Brunel University, where she studied international commercial law, and a Certificate of Qualification, issued by the National Committee on Accreditation of the Federation of Law Societies of Canada.
What makes Aisha stand out is her proven success in managing all corporate legal processes, providing exceptional services to clients with a clear understanding of the application of law and its concepts to achieve business goals. Aisha is passionate about supporting community and charity groups by working with them on initiatives that matter to them, including intersectional feminism and racial equity.
Outside of the office, Aisha enjoys playing squash and travelling. She is an active volunteer with the Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association and the Regulatory Committee of the Nova Scotia Barristers Society.
- Nova Scotia (2022)
- Nigeria (2012)
- Certificate of Qualification, National Committee on Accreditation, Federation of Law Societies of Canada (2021)
- LL.M. (International Commercial Law), Brunel University, London (2013)
- BL Nigerian Law School (2012)
- LL.B. Igbinedion University (2010)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Regulatory Committee – Nova Scotia Barristers Society (2023 – )
- Treasurer – Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association (2022 – )
- Member – Canadian Association of Black Lawyers (2022 – )
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Secretary, Islamic Society of Nigerians in Nova Scotia (2020 – )
- Member, By-Law Review Committee, Association of Nigerians in NS (2021 – )
- Member, African Diaspora Association of the Maritimes
- Mentor, ISANS Professional Practice Mentorship Program
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association