Will is a business law associate in Cox & Palmer’s Halifax office. His primary areas of practice include corporate, commercial and tax law. After graduating with a Commerce degree from Queen’s University, Will obtained his CA and CPA designations while working as an accountant with EY’s real estate assurance group in Toronto.
He then attended Dalhousie Schulich School of Law and was called to the Nova Scotia Bar in 2018. While at law school, Will managed a successful commercial real estate business.
Will’s accounting background and business experience enhance his legal practice and allow him to provide exceptional value to his clients.
- Nova Scotia (2018)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University (JD, Certificate of Specialization in Business Law) 2017
- Ontario School of Accountancy (Administered by CPA Ontario) 2014
- Smith School of Business at Queen’s University (Bachelor of Commerce with Honours, Graduate Diploma in Accounting) 2011
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Chartered Professional Accountants Canada
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Motionball Marathon of Sport for Special Olympics Canada (2011 – present)
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Key Federal Tax Relief Initiatives for Canadian Individual and Corporate Taxpayers
- Depressed Market Conditions Present Tax Planning Opportunities
- Structuring Your Fishing Business for Growth: Selecting the Optimal Business Model to Minimize Risk and Maximize Profit
- Why Multinationals and Their Advisors Should Consider Including Nova Scotia Companies in Their Structures