Joel M. Wonnacott is an associate lawyer in Charlottetown’s Cox & Palmer office. Joel was called to the Prince Edward Island bar in December 2016. Prior to returning to his home province of Prince Edward Island, Joel practiced law in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, focusing primarily on the area of civil litigation. He was called to the British Columbia bar in May, 2015. Joel obtained his Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree from the University of Prince Edward Island in 2011, and his Juris Doctor of Law degree from the University of British Columbia in 2014.
Joel practices primarily in the areas of general and insurance litigation, criminal defense and real estate.
Joel is an active member of the community, currently serving on the board of directors for Family Service PEI. He is the current Chair of the Criminal Justice Section of the PEI Branch of the Canadian Bar Association, as well as a member of the Ethics Committee of the PEI Law Society.
Admission au bar
- British Columbia (2015)
- Prince Edward Island (2016)
Faculté de droit
- University of British Columbia
- University of Prince Edward Island (BA, Honours, 2011)
- University of British Columbia (JD, 2014)
Activités communautaires et de bénévolat
- Member, Family Service PEI Board of Directors
- Chair, Criminal Justice Section of the Canadian Bar Association – PEI Branch
- Member, PEI Law Society Ethics Committee
Membres du Barreau
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island