Client Care and Continued Service at Cox & Palmer – Update May 8, 2020
Cox & Palmer has continued to serve its clients’ needs throughout the pandemic. As provincial governments and health authorities across the region introduce re-opening plans, we will take our lead from them and adjust our operations accordingly. We will proceed with diligence and care – you can have confidence that we will take all necessary precautions.
Our offices in Prince Edward Island re-opened to the public the week of May 4, 2020, welcoming back reception staff and both lawyers and other support team members continue to serve clients in the office and remotely. As the other Atlantic Provinces advance re-opening plans, we anticipate additional Cox & Palmer offices will gradually re-open to the public, in a staged approach and in alignment with the social distancing recommendations of government health authorities. With the health and safety of our employees, clients and communities our top priority, our Operations team will implement a number of measures including:
• Marked perimeters and/or Plexiglas screens in reception areas
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) utilization per the guidance of local health authorities
• Designated and clearly marked office entry and exit routes to avoid contact
• Reduced waiting room seating and/or immediate placement in sanitized meeting space
to minimize congregation
• Right-sized lawyer and support teams on premises to align with social distancing recommendations
• Meeting room capacity restrictions
• Continued enhanced sanitization of office and meeting rooms
Given the varying rates of infection in each province, the phases and timing of re-opening plans will differ throughout the region. As well, re-opening plans are subject to change depending on local conditions with respect to the number of positive COVID cases in a prescribed time period. We will provide periodic updates on the status of our office locations. As of May 8, 2020:
New Brunswick – offices are CLOSED to the public; remote operations continue
Newfoundland and Labrador – offices are CLOSED to the public; remote operations continue
Nova Scotia – offices are CLOSED to the public; remote operations continue
Prince Edward Island – offices are OPEN to the public in conjunction with remote operations
• Clients are not required to attend the office to conduct legal matters. We are flexible and continue to offer virtual service delivery.
Our team continues to publish relevant and helpful COVID related information, including:
- How do borrowers and lenders manage during an economic downturn?
- Employee Refusals to Work: Employer Rights and Obligations under OHS Legislation
- Tendering and COVID-19: bidders beware (or at least be aware)
We are abreast of the impacts COVID-19 is having on global markets, local markets, and your business, and are here to assist you and provide the necessary support during this uncertain time.
We extend sincere thanks to our health care professionals whom we know are under the greatest pressure of all, to you, our clients, for your continued business and loyalty, and to our team here at Cox & Palmer, who are working hard to ensure we continue to deliver uninterrupted top quality client service.
We are all in this together.