Wills & Estates Paralegal | Halifax, NS
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
We are seeking a permanent, full-time experienced Paralegal to join our Halifax office to provide legal administrative support to lawyers in the Wills & Estates practice group.SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of all Estate documentation including: Wills, Powers of Attorney, Personal Directives for Medical Care, and all documents necessary for the Probate process;
- Maintaining excellent communication with clients, lawyers and court staff;
- Filing documents with the Court;
- Accurately processing and responding to large volumes of documents and emails;
- Managing and meeting deadlines to file documents with the Court;
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize a high volume of work;
- Being a resourceful and effective problem solver with minimal supervision;
- Handling and prioritizing workload independently;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ administrative experience in a legal environment, with experience in Wills & Estates;
- Preference is given to those with related paralegal/legal assistant formal education;
- Strong competency in the usage of MS Office (particularly Word, and Excel), paired with superior typing and dicta-transcription skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service;
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and formatting errors);
- The ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative – this includes drafting simple letters for review;
- The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A generous paid vacation allowance
- Three “flex days” per year
- Paid sick days
- Hybrid work options for many roles
- Firm paid Health, Dental, and Life Insurance plans
- Group Pension Plan with employer matching contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- An annual Health and Fitness Allowance
- Group RRSP and TFSA programs
This position will remain posted until successfully filled.
Please submit a resume and covering letter to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in Cox & Palmer; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cox & Palmer is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion, and the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN).