Junior Corporate Paralegal | Halifax, NS
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment.
We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
We are seeking a permanent, full-time Junior Corporate Paralegal to join our Halifax Corporate Services team.SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend to corporate annual compliance matters, including annual renewals and annual resolutions;
- Review and maintain corporate minute books;
- Submit filings with the provincial corporate registries, Industry Canada, and other licensing authorities;
- Process due diligence requests;
- Prepare and file PPSA registrations;
- Record billable and non-billable time;
- Attend to other duties as assigned.
- Excellent technical skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment;
- Strong competency in the usage of MS Office;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to use good judgment and be resourceful;
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues and clients;
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A generous paid vacation allowance
- Three “flex days” per year
- Paid sick days
- Hybrid work options for many roles
- Firm paid Health, Dental, and Life Insurance plans
- Group Pension Plan with employer matching contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- An annual Health and Fitness Allowance
- Group RRSP and TFSA programs
This position will remain posted until successfully filled.
Please submit a resume and covering letter to:
Director of Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their interest in Cox & Palmer; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cox & Palmer is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion, Pride at Work Canada and the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN).