IT Manager | Halifax, NS
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity, and a commitment to client service.
The IT Manager, Nova Scotia, provides daily technical support to our team, including maintenance of hardware & software, deployment of new office technology, and ensuring the daily IT operations of the firm function properly.
The IT Manager, Nova Scotia, focuses on: Supporting Nova Scotia Team Members (Lawyers and Support Staff); Managing the Nova Scotia IT Team; Cyber Security; Firewalls; Email Protection; Best Practices; and Oversees Technical Implementations focused on Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Regional Chief Information Officer (CIO), the position will work closely with the Director of Legal Technology of our Nova Scotia office on application initiatives in order achieve higher levels of security and innovation. The role will also involve working collaboratively with the Regional IT Managers.
The IT Manager, Nova Scotia, provides daily technical support to our team, including maintenance of hardware & software, deployment of new office technology and ensuring the daily IT operations of the firm function properly.SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and lead initiatives, for Nova Scotia, that are aligned to firm wide security, compliance, and standards. I.e., Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity;
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Legal Technology on Nova Scotia focused projects;
- Manage the Nova Scotia IT Team and provide timely resolution and excellent customer service to team members and end users;
- Complete status reports and resource allocation of the IT team to ensure coverage of both firm wide and Nova Scotia initiatives;
- Serve as the first point of contact for escalation, technical assistance, both in-person and remotely;
- Maintain local infrastructure including local servers, network applications and support systems;
- Operate ticketing system, assign tasks as directed by workflow procedures;
- Maintain support records through ticketing software;
- Provide timely resolution and excellent customer service to team members and end users;
- Maintain asset inventory and contract management;
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalogue on installation of software, hardware; configurations and troubleshooting steps;
- Perform remediation steps for security risks, and develop solutions to increase security;
- Schedule and implement hardware/software updates and other resource deployments;
- Work with team members to schedule upgrades and replacement for individual IT equipment;
- Provide and monitor the annual Nova Scotia IT budget process; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in Legal Applications, Document Management Systems, and Innovation;
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology, or equivalent;
- 5-7 years experience in a similar IT management role;
- Experience diagnosing and resolving technical issues;
- Experience using asset inventory and software deployment tools;
- Strong competency with usage of MS Windows computers and servers, Active Directory, Azure, Teams, and Exchange Online;
- Able to support a variety of mobile devices;
- Demonstrate knowledge of IDS/IPS tools;
- LAN, WAN, VPN, routing and switching experience;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Effective verbal and written communication; and
- Performs comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, shifting priorities as needed on a daily basis.
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A generous paid vacation allowance
- Three “flex days” per year
- Paid sick days
- Hybrid work options for many roles
- Firm paid Health, Dental, and Life Insurance plans
- Group Pension Plan with employer matching contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- An annual Health and Fitness Allowance
- Group RRSP and TFSA programs
The deadline to apply is October 13, 2023
Please submit a resume and covering letter to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in Cox & Palmer; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cox & Palmer is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion, and the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN).