Corporate Paralegal | Charlottetown, PE
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
We currently have an opening at our Charlottetown office.SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Working as part of a collaborative team, you will:
- Provide support to the firm’s commercial clients by assisting in all aspects of commercial files (asset and share purchases/sales, financings, etc.)
- Complete incorporations, amendments, continuances, amalgamations, dissolutions and revivals of Provincial and Federal entities;
- Process due diligence requests;
- Prepare and file PPSA registrations;
- Review and maintain corporate minute books;
- Record billable and non-billable time;
- Other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of a Legal Assistant or Paralegal diploma or post-secondary training in a related field such as Business and at least one year or more of related experience;
- Competency in the use of MS Office and comfortable learning new software;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service;
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Flexible, reliable and works well in a team environment; and
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Cox & Palmer, Charlottetown office provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Compensation range is $45,000-65,000 which is determined by experience and qualifications;
- Firm paid Health, Dental, and Life insurance plans;
- Four personal days;
- Group Pension Plan with employer matching contributions;
- Employee and Family Assistance Program;
- An annual Health and Fitness Allowance.
Qualified candidates who are interested in this position should send a covering letter and resume to: Sam Doyle, Human Resources Manager Cox & Palmer – Charlottetown Office email@example.comAPPLY
This position will remain posted until successfully filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Cox & Palmer; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cox & Palmer is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion, Pride at Work Canada and the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN).